Powered by SmugMug Log In

An equestrian bronze statue 15 ft. high mounted on a granite pedestal 7 ½ ft. high embodies the Confederate States Army general of the American Civil War. The statue faces north and is the most animated of the Monument Ave statues. It was dedicated May 30, 1907. In the background is the First English Lutheran Church that was built back in 1911.

richmondvavirginiacapitalsouthernconfederatestuartcircleJ.E.B.monumentavestatuefirst english lutheran churchcivilwardave lynchphotographymemories